A Window is only as Good as the Person Installing it. Choose Wisely.
Whether or not you are satisfied with any new window depends largely on the contractor who installs them. Here are a few tips to help you select a contractor that will help you get the most out of your AMSCO® windows:
Click on the links below for more information.
- Ask the contractor if they possess all the required city, county or regional business licenses.
- Be sure they are bonded and insured. This will protect you in the event of an accident.
- Contact your city's planning commission and determine who is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. If it's your contractor's responsibility, make certain that they are aware of this. It's also possible that separate permits may be necessary for windows and doors.
- Ask for customer referrals.
- Set a timeline for completion of your project and have the contractor put it in writing.
- Communicate regularly and frankly with your contractor. This person or group of people will be spending quite a bit of time in your home, so it's important that they are willing to take your concerns into consideration.
Select a quality window for your new construction project.
Choose the right replacement window for your current home.
Select the right window style for your home.
Hire the right contractor.
Conserve energy and reduce your monthly expenses.
Locate installation instructions for your AMSCO window.
Find out how to care for your AMSCO window.
Find out about different industry certification organizations.
Get answers to common questions.
Familiarize yourself with window terminology.